*This page is in serious need of updating! Check back soon for the results of this first 101 Things and my list for the next undertaking! :)
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part). Cross them off as you do them, and add the dates. Include the date you started the list and the finishing date.
Start Date :: January 6, 2010
Finish Date :: October 3, 2012
Bold - In progress.
Crossed out - Completed!
Red - Failed.
Heath and Body
01. Drink more water, at least two bottles a day.
02. Take vitamins daily.
03. Get thee to a dentist! Get caught up on all dental health; when complete, look into Invisalign.
04. Give up all fast food for two consecutive months.
05. Exercise regularly, at least three times per week.
06. Stay current on eye/gyn/physical appointments each year.
07. Eat Raw for one week.
08. Research Lasik eye surgery. Get the balls to think about doing it!
09. Lower body fat percentage and increase overall strength.
10. Treat myself to a massage, pedicure, or facial once per month for a while.
11. Try a Brazilian wax!
12. Switch from coffee to tea daily for a month to see caffeine impact.
13. Let my hair grow for one year – only cut to trim/shape and encourage growth.
14. Answer the “50 QUESTIONS THAT WILL FREE YOUR MIND” (2/50) (Answers shared on this page.)
18. Write a letter to myself to be read in 5 years.
19. Send a secret to POSTSECRET.
25. Complete Little Man’s baby book and
first year photo album.
Create memory journal for Little Man and write in it often.
27. Eat dinner at the table with Little Man at least 4 nights a week.
28. Have a “Mommy and Son” day with Little Man, doing something new, monthly.
29. Connect with my sister in some way (phone, email, visit) weekly.
30. Have ‘Christmas in July’ and surprise loved ones with handmade gifts.
31. Take Mom somewhere, anywhere, to see the world!
32. Go on a Girl’s Weekend vacation with my sister.
33. Send birthday cards to every family member each year.
34. Join SOLDIERS ANGELS. Remain active on at least one Team.
35. Send Care Packages overseas to troops.
36. Get involved with a charity; participate in at least one big volunteer event a year.
37. Write 5 letters to people who have influenced me, thanking them.
38. Leave 10 inspiring notes in random places to be found by someone.
39. Complete 10 random acts of kindness.
40. Donate $2 to the ARMED FORCES FOUNDATION for every goal accomplished.
41. Donate $8 to the ARMED FORCES FOUNDATION for every goal NOT accomplished.
42. Recycle as much as possible.
43. ‘Finish’ learning to play the guitar. Write at least one song.
44. Learn to knit. Complete at least one piece.
45. Start painting again.
46. Get back into photography; revamp equipment and decide on business or not.
47. Read 50 new books.
48. Watch 50 new films.
49. Photograph each completed task (or something that represents it).
50. Complete “WRECK THIS JOURNAL.”
51. Make a piece of memorial jewelry for Mama B out of some of The Hubs’ things.
52. Carry a sketchbook daily for one week and sketch anything that comes to mind.
53. Go on a road trip to a undetermined destination that I’ve never been to before.
54. Visit at least three National Parks. (2 of 3! Glacier National Park and Great Smoky Mountains National Park)
55. Go rock climbing.
56. Go skydiving.
57. Go on a hiking/camping trip.
58. Learn to ride a motorcycle and get motorcycle license!
59. Train for and run in a 5k.
60. Travel/vacation somewhere alone.
61. Visit at least one new country.
62. Visit at least three new museums.
63. Go geocaching.
64. Get my palm read just for the fun of it.
65. Stay on top of tracking finances and budgets.
66. Meet with a Financial Advisor; set up a Trust Fund for Little Man and investments.
67. Complete my Will.
68. Organize and backup all music and photos on computer.
69. Revamp entire wardrobe, replacing with only well-fitting quality pieces.
70. Get my next tattoo…or two.
71. Master at least 50 of the “75 THINGS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD MASTER”
72. Stay informed; read the paper more.
Reserved for the Future
73. Start a blog and write regularly.
74. Work on self-image; get comfortable in my new skin.
75. Get a group together to release lanterns for The Hubs.
76. Finally go through all of The Hub’s things in the garage.
77. Work harder at the damn phone! Try to keep it with me and return calls right away.
78. Reconnect with God and find a church home.
79. Go back to South Dakota, see the house again in hopes of finding a little closure.
80. Reconnect with old friends.
81. Sell at least one photograph.
Added as of January 2012
82. Take a painting class.
83. Go on a Girl’s Roadtrip!
84. See my best Jess, however we have to make it happen!
85. Take my Mama to Glacier National Park.
86. Hike (if you can call it that in FL) at least 3 new trails. (1 complete)
87. Complete puppy training class for Oliver.
88. Plan and execute a successful first Welcome Luncheon for the EODMF Legacy Committee.
89. See at least 2 concerts.
90. Go out on a date.
91. Share some of my old writing.
92. Read my sister’s book. (long story behind why I haven’t yet)
93. Get Invisalign.
94. Break my addiction to that one awful bad habit.
95. Research and plan for private schooling for Little Man.
96. Clear out computer files for photos, etc. from the last few years, delete, organize, etc.
97. Set a plan for reading my Bible and stick to it.
98. Make at least one new friend.
99. Enroll in Graduate School!
100. Do a photography study of something that in interests me, and share it.
And the grand finale:
101. Be able to check off everything above!! :)