If you’ve been following the blog you know that throughout December, NYAW is hosting a festive trio of holiday giveaways. (You can see the first two here and here.) This has been such a fun series. I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing the spirit of giving with each of you, and I am excited to introduce the final giveaway!
With the holidays coming to a close, we are approaching the beginning of a new year. In the past few years since the loss of The Hubs, I’ve viewed the beginning of a new year negatively — yet another milestone, yet another event that he couldn’t be a part of. Many of you may feel the same way. This year, I am determined to change my outlook. I want to view the new year the way he would want me to — as a gift. The opportunity to start anew, to be refreshed and to embrace all of the life I am still blessed with, with thankfulness. And I wish the same for each of you. In that vein, I can’t think of any better way to start a new year than by giving.
Giving to others reminds us of our worth. It reminds us of the impact of our presence, the value of our compassion, and the importance of our love. No matter how much pain we may be in, we still have the ability to bring a smile to the face of another. And in doing so, we bring a bit of peace to our own hearts.
This final holiday giveaway will provide 3 readers of NYAW with the opportunity to do just that. 3 readers will be selected for a $100 donation made to the charitable organization of their choice, either in their name or in the name of a loved one they wish to honor.
This giveaway is open to everyone — all you have to do is comment on this post and tell me your favorite charity. Who are they? What do they do? And why are they dear to your heart?
If there is a cause out there that touches your heart, please consider entering this giveaway. And please share it with all of your friends. It doesn’t matter if they read the blog or not, I just want to spread the word as far as possible and provide a wide opportunity to support those charitable organizations that do so much for others. Let’s begin the new year with a spirit of giving, gratitude, and optimism.
- Loot: Three (3) $100 donations to the winner’s charity of choice, made in their name or the name of a designated loved one.
- Winners: Three (3)
- To Enter:
- [Mandatory] Join NYAW using Google Friend Connect in the sidebar on the right and leave a comment telling me your charity of choice and WHY they mean something to you.
- [Extra Entry] Like NYAW on Facebook
- [Extra Entry] Promote this giveaway on Facebook
- [Extra Entry] Promote this giveaway on Twitter
- Be sure to leave a separate comment below for each individual entry to I can tally your total entries!
- Giveaway Closes: Saturday, December 31st at 11:59 pm
- Winners will be selected using Random.org and announced on the blog on Sunday, January 1st. Donations will be made on January 1st to the charities designated, in honor of the designee selected.