1. You are beautiful. Just as you are. Never, ever doubt that.
2. You don’t have to try to make everyone like you. The important ones will anyway. Just be yourself.
3. Speak up! Your opinion matters just as much as everyone else’s. You can, and should, be heard.
4. Those bangs are NOT your friend. Just learn it now, sister.
5. Don’t lose sight of your dreams. You actually can achieve them. Don’t sell yourself short. Fight for them.
6. Keep exploring. Keep listening to new music. Keep writing in that composition book. Keep daydreaming. Keep climbing trees.
7. Don’t let men make you feel weird. They are the bad ones for staring at an early-developed twelve year old.
8. Stop laying out in the sun with baby oil! You’ll long for that lily smooth skin one day.
9. Don’t be afraid. You are stronger and more capable than you think.
10. Think long and hard about the friends in your life. A few golden ones are much better than many bronze.
11. Horses really are as magical as you think they are. Don’t let them, or the wonder you feel, go. You’ll miss it one day.
12. This year, you’ll meet a funny boy. He’ll tease you. He’ll become your best friend. He’s the one. I won’t spoil the surprises of the years to come, just enjoy every single second and tell him you love him every chance you get. Because just over twelve years from now, he’ll be gone and all you’ll have are the memories you are about to make.